March 20, 2008

Trip to the Desert



If anyone knows me, you know that I love red rocks, blue skies, sunshine and slot canyons. Lucky for me Mark enjoys these things as well. Luckier for me was that Mark was needing a break from school around the same time of the year that I go through my deep longing for the desert items just listed. Mark surprised Mason and I by purchasing tickets to Las Vegas. Hurray! A much needed trip for the mentality of all three of us.



Mason was such a big boy and was very insistent on pulling his own bag (or carrying it while Mark or I carried him) through the airports.








We visited the Valley of Fire in Nevada with my sisters, Gina and Mitzi, and Gina's daughter, Avery. We had a perfect day of 80 degree weather and clear skies.











We stayed in Mesquite, NV for a couple nights for some swimming, miniature golf, and yes, $20 lost at gambling :( Then we moved on to St. George where we met up with our close friends and family Kyle, Beth and Finn Price. We visited Snow Canyon and enjoyed the swimming pool at the Price's hotel... which coincidentally was where my good sister Mitzi works.

We stayed with Gina and Aaron for a couple nights- and spent some good quality time with family.

I have so many great pictures of this trip... but I haven't figure out how to add a slide show so the pictures are somewhat limited.

4 comments:

Jo and Jeff said...

Wait a second, you were in Arizona and didn't even call me. I guess it was 6 hrs. away, but still, that's the closest we've been in quite a while. It looks like you had sooo much fun! Yeah for red rock! And what a great surprise! Way to go Mark!
Happy late birthday Mark. I really need to keep track of birthdays better. Mel, when is yours? when is Mason's?
Okay, love ya, and miss ya!
Jo

Lael said...

So fun! We just got back from Zion too. I need desert to fill me up once in a while too.

Shari said...

I'm glad you had such a good trip. You certainly all deserved it! Your pictures are beautiful!

We missed Mason, of course, and Kate asked about him the whole time you were gone.

By the way, the picture of Mason with his roller bag is priceless!

Anonymous said...

That trip looks fun, reminds me of Arizona! Where we were over the cold Utah winter, and $20 in gambling, that is almost considered winning! We lost our tails gambling on our cruise:)