March 2, 2009

Wesley Milo Slavens





































Wesley was born at 12:14am on February 25th (6 days past his due date). He weighed 8 pounds 14 oz and was 20 inches long. He looks just like Mason did as a baby but Wesley has blonde hair and Mason's was dark brown. Wesley weighed one ounce more but was 1.5 inches shorter than Mason.

Mason is an excellent big brother. His job is to make sure that no one kisses Wesley on the face and that everyone uses had sanitizer. (RSV is really bad right now and I am being a little over-protective).

My parents flew in on the due date to help out- but had to leave on the 28th! They were able to be with Mason while we were in the hospital, watch Mason ski, help cook and clean- and I even dragged my dad on a hike with me! I just felt bad that they had to hang out with me (no one that goes past their due date is very pleasant to be around- especially myself!)

9 comments:

Angella said...

Wesley- welcome to the world! You are so snuggly and adorable! Mason- you are such a good big brother!

p.s. Miles says 'hello'.

Charee B Mcclellan said...

congrats...he is just so darn cute!

Yvonne said...

Congrats! We had not idea you guys were expecting! Jason was asking a few months ago if you guys had any more kids. He'll be pleasantly surprised to hear the good news!

Jana Sohm said...

I am so excited for you guys!! Wesley is adorable, and I am so happy to hear that everything went well. I bet Mason is the best big brother ever. Mel, what are you doing going hiking? You kill me!
p.s. I am happy to see you finally posting something on your blog.!!

bigtallhorses said...

Hi Mel,
Wes helped post a message so that I could reopen the lines of communication. I am so happy for you. Your baby is beautiful, not a surprise with the gene-pool he has to draw from. Congratulation.

Michale and I are happy to announce that we are expecting a girl in July. Arianna is excited to be getting a "stister".

Hope all is well!!
Sherrie

bigtallhorses said...

Hi Mel,
Wes is kind enough to help me post this message so I can reopen the lines of communication. I am so happy for your new addition. He is beautiful, not a surprise with the gen-pool he has to draw from.
Congrats!
Sherrie

Jo and Jeff said...

Congratulations guys! He is beautiful. And he sure does look just like Mason! What a cutie! I hope you are doing well! We miss you guys, as always!
Jo

Shari said...

Congratulations! Wesley is so adorable!! I love, love, love his little colorful elephant outfit. Where did you get it?

Jackie said...

Holy Crap Mel!!! I didn't even know you were pregnant! Congrats and the new little boy. He's beautiful.