December 24, 2008

Do You Realize?





I was listening to one of our CD's on the way home from work yesterday. For some reason I felt like the words applied to me and my inability to keep in touch with those people that I have deep feelings for- but have been so bad at showing it, especially since moving on to every new part of our lives.

The Flaming Lips:
"Do you realize that happiness makes you cry?
Do you realize the everyone you know someday will die?
Instead of saying all your goodbyes
Let them know you realize that life goes fast.
It's hard to make the good things last.
You realize the sun doesn't go down,
It is just an illusion caused by the world spinning round."


I have been touched by many other poetic and inspirational quotes and songs but this is the one on my mind today- as I remember great friends, great times, and all the happiness each of you provided for me- despite my failures to communicate that to you!

8 comments:

Emily A. Gunderson said...

I'm glad you're alive!! I miss you. I have a Christmas card with your name on it, but no address. Can you shoot me an email?

emily at gundy dot org

Love ya

bigtallhorses said...

Mel! We got your cute card thanks! I think you are good at keeping in touch, it takes sooo much work! We love seeing you whenever we get a chance, but i think i know how you feel.

Angella said...

You are so fabulous, Mel! I totally miss you! When are you guys moving out this way?!?!??!

AMIT said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Gerret & Sarah said...

Hey Mel how are you doing. I hope you guys had a great christmas we miss you guys. Mason is probably getting so big. Shoot us an email we will have to chatch up sometime. Dont worrie Iam really bad at keeping in touch too. Sometime we just get cought up in other things that are just as important.

Anonymous said...

Hello! great saying. I hate to sound like the rest of the comments, but WE MISS YOU!!
hope you are all great

Jo and Jeff said...

so sweet mel. It was great to talk to you on the phone the other day! The great thing about being your friend is that time can pass, and when we get to talk or see each other, we can just pick up where we left, and it seems like not much time has passed. You are a great friend!

Maureen said...

Hey guys I am glad you posted! I have been not so good at blogging etiher! What is new with you? Have you had your little one yet? Did you find out the sex?? Fill me in! :)